Copying entire Data-Sets and Members

IBM OS/370, MVS, OS/390, Linux, TPF, VM/CMS, VM/ESA, VSE/ESA, z/VM, z/VSE, z/OS, z/OS.e etc...

Copying entire Data-Sets and Members

Postby hakghen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Hello friends,

Today i'm here to post a possible "newbie" question, sorry for it =P

First of all, I have my data-set that must be used to store some members to perform the compilling and etc of the Assembler code.

Now, I have an assembler code stored in ZOS.CONTEST(ASM010), this is the source code of the program I have to optimize, modify, compile and run, but I have to copy this member to my data-set (called ZCON039). How can I do this?

Second, there's another data-set used to store the program compiled stuff called ZOS.PART3.LOAD, I have to copy it to ZCON039 named ZCON039.PART3.LOAD. How can I do this too?

I already fixed the assembler code here on notepad and made the changes required, but I have to put it in my data-set so it can be analyzed by IBM's staff =P

Thanks in advance,

[]'s!
[]'s,

Hakghen
hakghen

Re: Copying entire Data-Sets and Members

Postby hakghen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:38 am

Never more, figured out how to do it, but got another error... Posting on the JCL part as it is a job error, thanks anyway, someone, close this topic please =D

[]'s!
[]'s,

Hakghen
hakghen

Re: Copying entire Data-Sets and Members

Postby helenk579 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:11 pm

hakghen wrote:Hello friends,

Today i'm here to post a possible "newbie" question, sorry for it =P

First of all, I have my data-set that must be used to store some members to perform the compilling and etc of the Assembler code.

Now, I have an assembler code stored in ZOS.CONTEST(ASM010), this is the source code of the program I have to optimize, modify, compile and run, but I have to copy this member to my data-set (called ZCON039). How can I do this?

Second, there's another data-set used to store the program compiled stuff called ZOS.PART3.LOAD, I have to copy it to ZCON039 named ZCON039.PART3.LOAD. How can I do this too?

I already fixed the assembler code here on notepad and made the changes required, but I have to put it in my data-set so it can be analyzed by IBM's staff =P

Thanks in advance,

[]'s!

Thanks you for the post.
helenk579

Return to Operating Systems