SMPE

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

SMPE

Postby Antonyraj85 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear Friends,

I am trying to install the CA-File Master for MVS product on my z/OS.While receive the sysmod from global zone. The system expecting the CICS.SDFHLOAD. But we dont have the CICS env on the LPAR. How we can skip the CICS load lib. Even if we delete the CICS load lib from SMPE DDDef. It thorwing error msg while receive process.Could you please reply me back if any one know this.

Regards,
Antony
Antonyraj85

Re: SMPE

Postby steve-myers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 pm

You "receive" a SYSMOD into a global zone. You "apply" a SYSMOD from a global zone to a target zone. Precise use of terminology is important in this trade! The library name you gave us sounds more like a target library, so I'd guess (and it's only a guess) you were doing an APPLY, not a RECEIVE. If you are a legal user of the product, I would suggest you call CA support for assistance. If that is not an option, add a sort of dummy DD statement, like

//SDFHLOAD DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(5,5,25))

to the JCL you use for SMPE and try again. The DD name is just a guess, but it might work! You would not get the what I think is the CICS functionality of File Master, but the APPLY will go through unless it is inserting File Master code into an existing CICS load module.

Another option is to review the installation documentation CA sent to you. The might tell you more exactly than I can where this stuff is to go.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Re: SMPE

Postby Antonyraj85 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 am

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much. .

Regards,
Antony
Antonyraj85

Return to System programming