Error in Brodcast Message

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

Error in Brodcast Message

Postby jaggz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi,

In our shop we work on Z800/Z9 servers. My concern is when I logon to Z800 , the Brodcast message says that into z9 server whereas I am pretty much sure that I have Typed the Right IP address to connect Z800(For long time we use to connect Z800). Is there any correction required in Brodcast message, if so please let me know the right way to correct it.
jaggz

Re: Error in Brodcast Message

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Hello,

Why does it matter . . .?

If the environment you expect is the environment into which you've logged into, all should be ok.

You might ask the system support people if the message is correct or if there has been a change. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Re: Error in Brodcast Message

Postby steve-myers » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 am

This is difficult to answer. There are at least two sources for extra messages you get when you logon to TSO.
  • "Broadcast" and other messages in the system "broadcast" data set.
  • Messages in the startup commands that are executed when you logon.
If the source of the messages is the system "broadcast" data set, the messages were placed there by system programmers or operators. The system "broadcast" data set is often shared by several systems, so it may be difficult to update its contents.

Messages in the startup commands can be tailored for multiple systems fairly easily, but it is not something you can do yourself; it is something the systems programmers have to do. It is often something they forget to do.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to System programming