JES2 Job Log

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

JES2 Job Log

Postby DNavarroF » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

How I can activate the exit that generate JES2 Job Log?
DNavarroF

Re: JES2 Job Log

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:59 pm

If there is an exit involved, only someone at your site (who developed and installed the exit) can tell you how to activate it. Something like that is completely specific to the site and only someone working AT YOUR SITE could possibly tell you this.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 am

I've been working with HASP (JES2's father) and JES2 for 40+ years, and I can't recall that there was ever an option to disable the JES2 job log.

Just to be sure, I went to the manuals, and discovered the JESLOG=SUPRESS, and LOG=NO options in the JOBCLASx (where x is a job class) JES2 initialization statement. If your shop allows you to enter this operator command from SDSF, you might try entering /$djobclass(x) where x is the job class you were using in the SDSF command line, and if it's allowed you will get back multiple lines that show the settings for the job class.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:30 am

unless the TS asks for the IEFACTRT flowerbox
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:08 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

How I can activate the exit that generate JES2 Job Log?
As you can see from the replies, not everyone has the same understanding of your question. . .

It will help if you define/describe "the exit".

If you had what you want, what would you be able to do that you are not able to do now?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 am

Oh yes, I forgot about

/*JOBPARM NOLOG

The JCL Reference Manual mentions /*JOBPARM L, but it's not clear if that is a positive to reverse NOLOG, or just an alias for NOLOG.

The equivalent of NOLOG can also be specified in the JOB statement, but the JCL Reference manual just refers you to a JES2 manual for more information, and that manual isn't very helpful. 40+ years ago I had this stuff memorized, but my memory banks have lost this information. In any event, JES2 exits can negate the standard JES2 scan.

Just an update to the previous post. Only the JES2 account field scan exits can affect this parameter.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to System programming