Clarification on the IOCDS defnitions.

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

Clarification on the IOCDS defnitions.

Postby Viswanathchandru » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi folks,
I just wanted to compare the LCU's in ESS( storage) and LCU's in an LPAR defined. When i tried to print the contents of the IODF through HC option in the ISPF panel we are not able to proceed further. It says "Dynamic hardware changes cannot be performed - no configuration token found in the HSA".. Is there any other way to display the contents of the IODF i mean the LCU's in an LPAR. Hope i'm clear!. Please let me know in case if i need to give further details. Apologies if i'm wrong.

Thanks,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Re: Clarification on the IOCDS defnitions.

Postby Peter_Mann » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Viswanathchandru wrote:Hi folks,
I just wanted to compare the LCU's in ESS( storage) and LCU's in an LPAR defined. When i tried to print the contents of the IODF through HC option in the ISPF panel we are not able to proceed further. It says "Dynamic hardware changes cannot be performed - no configuration token found in the HSA".. Is there any other way to display the contents of the IODF i mean the LCU's in an LPAR. Hope i'm clear!. Please let me know in case if i need to give further details. Apologies if i'm wrong.

Thanks,
Viswa

Sounds llike you've done all the HCD stuff, but never loaded the IOCDS , there's definatly a mismatch, that's why your getting the error.
Is this a new box/lpar?
Peter
Peter
Peter_Mann

Postby Viswanathchandru » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Peter,
Thanks a lot for your valuable time and reply!!

The original scenario is that i need some volumes for my migration process. Unfortunately the system which i'm handling now has got no volume to initialize. Even if i proceed with Vary Online the device address remains in box'ed status. So, i need to add the LCU to the IODF in order to make all the available volume to get configured to the system. Since the storage remains shared in my environment i need to compare all the IODF definition before proceeding. That's why i raised for Inputs from folks like you. Is there any other possible way to extract the IODF contents of an LPAR apart from doing it from HC(ISPF option). Hope i'm clear. Please let me know in case i need to provide any more information. Also please correct me if my concept is wrong. Apologies if i'm wrong.

Saludos,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Postby Robert Sample » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Are the device CHPIDs online? If you don't have any paths to the devices, they'll remain boxed even if you attempt to vary them online.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Peter_Mann » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 pm

In addition to Roberts question, have these devices ever been defined to any lpar in the configuration? if so have they been defined as shared? EMIF'd channels?
can you issue DS P,devn,1 on the failing lpar and post the results, I need pictures, sorry.
Peter
Peter_Mann

Postby Peter_Mann » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Since I've never seen this error unless I've tried to dynamically activate a configuration that didn't match the current token, I'm courious, are you getting this error in ISPF HCD's PRINT option?
Essssssssssss Print or Compare Configuration Data ssssssssssssN
e e
e e
e Select one of the following tasks. e
e e
e 1 1. Print configuration reports e
e 2. Print the activity log e
e 3. View the activity log e
e 4. Compare IODFs e
e 5. Compare CSS / operating system views e
e e
e e

are you sure you are pointing to the current iodf?

Peter
Peter
Peter_Mann

Postby Viswanathchandru » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 am

Hello Peter! Thanks a lot for addressing the post also apologize for a delay in reply..
The device needs to be configured to the system and yes i got the IODF information from the HCM/Support element! I was not able to issue the command that you have specified. Seems i'm Unauthorized for this. Thanks a lot for the suggesstions and replies.. Really grateful... Thanks again.!!!!

Regards,
Viswa.
Viswanathchandru

Return to System programming