Moving NON-SMSed volume dataset

Ask about System customization & performance, Workload management, I/O device configuration etc.

Moving NON-SMSed volume dataset

Postby jaggz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Dear Forum,

Could someone point me to a sample JCL which does the movement of NON SMSed Volume dataset to a SMSed volume ? I tried googling using the keyword "adrdssu" to see if I get any similar matches But not able to find a one.

Alternatively taking a Logical back up with Purge Options and restoring would be cumbersome but Just looking for a JCL which could accomplish the above objective.

Just a Pointer or Manual link or URL would do really do more to research.

Jaggz
jaggz

Re: Moving NON-SMSed volume dataset

Postby jaggz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi All,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... /r2248.htm : 7th example worked !!

Thanks !!
jaggz

Postby mongan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Glad you answered your own question because you did not give enought information to construct a job - for example you need different options for vsam datasets than for non vsam.
In general if you are working with cataloged data sets and working with the name of the data set there is no real difference in handling non sms and sms data sets. It looks different when using a volume serial - you usually can not use a volser for sms or it is just ignored.
Advice - set up a library with sample jobs for the different types of things you will want to do with ADRDSSU, for example: dump, restore, copy, copy delete (move), etc. jobs.
mongan

Postby jaggz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 am

Hi,

Yes I have set up a Automated SKELS to invoke this Routine task. Thanks again Mongan.
jaggz

Return to System programming