Need to Learn Mainframe Automation

Post anything related to mainframes (IBM & UNISYS) if not fit in any of the above categories

Need to Learn Mainframe Automation

Postby krishray09 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:00 am

Hi Team,
I am new to this forum. I am currently working as Senior Mainframe operator in product based company. I want to move in Mainframe Automation or any system suppor team. Could you please help me where I could find the documents for learning Mainframe Automation.
krishray09

Re: Need to Learn Mainframe Automation

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:16 pm

It is not clear what you are asking. Do you want to know about a job scheduler such as Control-M, CA-7, Zeke or Beta 42? Do you want to know about the auto-reply functions within z/OS? Do you want to know about the Automated Operator functions within BMC's Mainview product? Do you want to know about something else you have not explained? In other words, you have not really told us what you want to know.

If you are wanting to find out about a product being used at your site, then as long as your site has a license for the product, then you have access to the documentation for that product. You would need to talk to others in your organization about where that documentation is since we don't work for your organization and hence have no idea where their documentation is stored.

These users thanked the author Robert Sample for the post:
krishray09 (Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 am)
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby krishray09 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:16 am

Hi Robert, thanks for the information. Actually I am working under IBM OPC tool. So I am interested to learn Automation and want to move to that part. We have command TSO AOC for logging in Automation panel. So if I want to do self learning, where could I find the documents or learning sites. For example, If I want to learn JCL, I can download from IBM Redbooks or some websites like Tutorialspoint ect...
krishray09

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:35 am

googling with ibm redbooks automation
returned 180000 hits ( Your mileage might vary )
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to All other Mainframe Topics