AFP Overlay using Drawbox withtext

Post anything related to mainframes (IBM & UNISYS) if not fit in any of the above categories

AFP Overlay using Drawbox withtext

Postby pth1rb » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey AFP experts,
I am building an overlay with the "Drawbox" command.
I would like to have two different types of fonts in the same text string (same line) inside the box. (ie. normal + bold text).

here is my sample of what I want to do:

drawbox 6.45 0.77 2 rounded withtext modern center justify lastno auto
line normfont 'text string1..................................................................'
line normfont 'text string2...........some bold text.................................... .'
line normfont 'text string3..................................................................' ;

It appears (to me) that each "line" can only specify 1 type of font; so I have moved the bold text to a separate line...
The end result looks poor..because I go from 3 lines to 5 and it doesn't look balanced.

here is my sample of what I am stuck with:

line normfont 'text string1..................................................................'
line normfont 'text string2..........'
line boldfont 'bold text3'
line normfont 'text string 4...............'
line normfont 'text string5.................................................................' ;

Is there a way I can have 2 different fonts on a single line using "drawbox withtext"

Any advice is appreciated:
Regards,
Rob
pth1rb

Re: AFP Overlay using Drawbox withtext

Postby retrostrings » Wed May 05, 2010 1:25 am

Hey Rob, sorry im replying to this post a few months too late as i only saw this today. Hope this helps nonetheless!

line normfont 'text string2..........'
line boldfont 'bold text3'
line normfont 'text string 4...............'
line normfont 'text string5.................................................................' ;

Instead of the third line use :-

Font boldfont '.....some bold text'

The Font command continues the previous Line command giving us the flexibility to use a different font. Try it out!
retrostrings

Re: AFP Overlay using Drawbox withtext

Postby CICS Guy » Wed May 05, 2010 1:38 am

Welcome to this forum......
I doubt that Rob will notice your post, it's been over 5 months since he posted and hasn't posted anything since his first post.
I may be able to spell it, but I know nothing about APF (grin), but the fourth line use "Font normfont 'text string 4...............'" too?
CICS Guy

Return to All other Mainframe Topics