future in mainframe

future in mainframe

Postby prasanth G » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 am

hi guys,
I work in a IT currently my experience is 1.5 Years.I got trained in mainframe but never worked in a Clinet Projects.
I want to know whether there is a good future in mAinframe or not because some people says for mainframe you will get only less Hike while I switch companies nu
Is that so Guys after 10years there is will not be mainframe scope???
prasanth G

Re: future in mainframe

Postby Aki88 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:01 am

I so wanted to avoid writing this, but here's my two pennie's worth:

<Rant-On>
Try Google-ing this exact same thing, and you'll be surprised by the sheer number of times this has been discussed across the internet.

As for us, we aren't oracles, hence no telling the future.

Having said that, why are you thinking about your package 10 years later; how about focussing on what you have in hand currently, getting better/more skilled at it in the current moment, learning both - technical aspects of the job as well as the functional/business side of it, and finally becoming an indispensable resource for the organization. About the part - MF jobs don't pay - learn this, a job is a job, MF or anything else is a mere medium; till the time you know HOW to get something done - better than everyone else, you'll be paid- period, end-of-story. And if you're so worried about money, start your own <something>, market is booming, there is a lot of scope for start-ups. :D

If it is JUST package that you're working for - sorry mate, you're probably in the wrong industry. Use the resources you have to become more skilled, spend at least few hours learning, experimenting, coding stuff, thinking WHY is something the way it is; the whole world is going to tell you it's not worth learning, but hell, you should know better. Not everyone has lady luck on their side or are political in nature, to hit bulls-eye on money everytime, such people build a reputation by being brilliant at what they do; aim for that, money will automatically follow in due course.
</Rant-Off>

Phew! 'nuff said.
Aki88

Re: future in mainframe

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm

not again :(
the discussion is completely useless and will lead nowhere,
topic locked
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Return to Job Vacancies