How to approach for the Company..?

How to approach for the Company..?

Postby vaninder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Hello,
I am Vaninder and I am new to this forum. I have just completed my 4 months course in IBM mainframes Sys Admin from Maples ESM tech. from chennai. Our Inst. is also providing placement facility but they are telling us that we wont be working in IBM as a direct employee instead we will be in contract basis with them. And they have a bond of 2 years and a deposit of 2 Lacs. About the amount I am not confirmed. So is there any way by which I directly approach IBM....? Any suggestions if given will be appreciated.

Thanx.
vaninder

Re: How to approach for the Company..?

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Depending upon the specific situation, it would be unethical and possibly illegal to directly approach IBM at this point. Furthermore, I do not think IBM hires very many contractors directly -- they almost always go through their internally approved companies to get contractors (but I've never worked for IBM so I cannot say for sure). If you have concerns you need to address them with the people you're already working with; starting off a career with a reputation for unethical or illegal behavior is not conducive to longevity.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to Career Guidance