WILL BE ANY PROBLEM IN MAINFRAMES FOR EEE STUDENTS

WILL BE ANY PROBLEM IN MAINFRAMES FOR EEE STUDENTS

Postby ajayyadav » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi..this is AJAY..done my B.TECH (EEE),my aggregate is 63...i want to take coaching in MAINFRAMES in HYD...pls tell "is MAINFRAMES only for CSE/IT?"...what about job opportunies in MAINFRAMES for EEE candidates
ajayyadav

Re: WILL BE ANY PROBLEM IN MAINFRAMES FOR EEE STUDENTS

Postby NicC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Don't know what EEE is or CSE - I presume by IT you mean Information Technology. You do not actually need any qualifications to work in mainframes although most/all employers may want a candidate to have a degree and usually IT related but I do not have a degree and I know a medical doctor who was in IT and also a Greek scholar.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: WILL BE ANY PROBLEM IN MAINFRAMES FOR EEE STUDENTS

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:17 am

Hello,

These days most organizations want some kind of degree unless the candidate has several years experience. There are fewer and fewer organizations that will hire IT people with no degree and no experience. Depending on the organization, people with Electrical Engineering or Math or some other technical degree are considered for IT positions.

These requirements depend on how many jobs need to be filled and the kinds of candidates looking for a position.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Career Guidance