DB2 Interview Question

DB2 Interview Question

Postby chanchal1412 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm really sorry and please excuse me if it turns out to be either a stupid question or a poorly framed one. But recently somebody in some interview had asked me what the differnces were between the union and union all clauses. All I knew about the same is that a union clause would filter duplicates whereas a 'union all' clause wouldn't. I was told that there are some more differences. Does somebody know of other differences that may probably exist? Later I asked the interviewer what the answer was to that question and she answered she'd get back to me on the same and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm trying to find answer to that question still. Wondering if any of you guys know it if there really is a difference..
chanchal1412

Re: DB2 Interview Question

Postby sarankumar » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 pm

I think what ever u've answered is enough ..
sarankumar

Re: DB2 Interview Question

Postby raghuvanshi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:02 pm

chanchal1412 wrote:I'm really sorry and please excuse me if it turns out to be either a stupid question or a poorly framed one. But recently somebody in some interview had asked me what the differnces were between the union and union all clauses. All I knew about the same is that a union clause would filter duplicates whereas a 'union all' clause wouldn't. I was told that there are some more differences. Does somebody know of other differences that may probably exist? Later I asked the interviewer what the answer was to that question and she answered she'd get back to me on the same and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm trying to find answer to that question still. Wondering if any of you guys know it if there really is a difference..

There is no other difference unless given a particular scenario.
raghuvanshi

Return to Interview Questions