How to install FTPS on Z/OS

How to install FTPS on Z/OS

Postby jakolia@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 am

Hi,

We have a Z/OS server in our organization. We have FTP client / server installed on it. Can one of you help me understand how to upgrade our FTP Client / server into FTPS client / server configuration.

Thanks

Jasmine
jakolia@yahoo.com

Re: How to install FTPS on Z/OS

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Redbook SG24-7801, IBM z/OS V1R11 Communications Server TCP/IP Implementation Volume 4: Security and Policy-Based Networking (or the appropriate version if you're not on z/OS 1.11).
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Aisswarya » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi,

Could anyone provide a sample FTPs setup JCL and explain how it works. Currently i need to convert the existing FTP connection from mainframe to a windows server to FTPs connection.

Am having theoretical knowledge on how the FTPs works.
Aisswarya

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:22 pm

a good grasp of terminology is essential for the practitioners of the IT profession!
Yo mean SFTP probably, don ' t You?
Could anyone provide a sample FTPs setup JCL and explain how it works.

NO , for what reason should anybody do it?

this is a help forum (*) not do free of charge the job for which I am getting paid for,
or for which my organization does not want to hire a paid consultant for

in other words ... You read the manuals and do the job ,
after that if You face problems we are more than willing to help!

do not expect anything more than that.
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Your question as posed is ludicrous. Only someone, working AT YOUR SITE, could tell you if your site even has FTPs installed -- it is NOT a default part of z/OS and must be installed separately. If your site does not have it installed, then you're not going to be able to run FTPs jobs no matter how much you want to. Furthermore, even if it is installed, the data set names required will depend upon how your site installed the software -- hence any JCL anybody here gave you would be useless to you. So you either need to talk to your site support group, your team leader, or a coworker to find out what is available at your site, or give up on the idea of using FTPs.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to FAQ