SOC1 abend while submitting JCL but no problem in XPEDITER

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

SOC1 abend while submitting JCL but no problem in XPEDITER

Postby Damanpreet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:41 pm

JCL runs well in XPEDITER but normally submitting JCL gives SOC1 Operation Exception abend........can anyone tell me why is it not abending whle xpediting......

My Module is reading segment ID from input file and based on that puts perticular length of the record in output file.....

Please help me out.....
Damanpreet

Re: SOC1 abend while submitting JCL but no problem in XPEDIT

Postby BillyBoyo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:28 am

In recompiling for the debugger, you "lost" the problem. Usually indicates that you have something overwriting code. You'll have to identify the problem outside of Expediter. Are you using compiler option SSRANGE to do bounds-checking on the storage for any subscripted or reference-modified accesses you are using?
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Damanpreet » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Rectified the problem.............actually the load library for the code was given wrong..........Thanks..........
Damanpreet

Postby steve-myers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:14 pm

In 45 years, I've had some sort of problem moving code from a testing environment to a non-testing environment from time to time. It's always been some sort of strange issue in my code, or, as Damanpreet discovered, the code being executed was not the code that was successfully tested.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to IBM Cobol