using CICS SPOOL related statements in cobol pgm

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

using CICS SPOOL related statements in cobol pgm

Postby tina64 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:52 pm

hi guys;
i've written a cobol program which makes structered lines filled with special data, and send them on the spool, using CICS SPOOL relates statements such as SPOOL OPEN, SPOOL WRITE, SPOOL CLOSE.

and then i want to print the output in the spool. so i have sent special hex characters such as x'15' for having new line and x'0c' for having new page(in cobol pgm)...but when i sent the output to the printer, it's paging isn't right...

can anyone help me on this??
tina64

Re: using CICS SPOOL related statements in cobol pgm

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed May 25, 2011 4:11 pm

those are PC /UNIX control characters
for the IBM line printing architecture
the control character is the first byte of the record
<usually> the printed record length is 121/133 1 byte for the control char 120/132 bytes of data

the control char can be
A ISO/ANSI device control characters. (FBA/VBA) the common practice for COBOL code
M machine code control characters (FBM/VBM)
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: using CICS SPOOL related statements in cobol pgm

Postby tina64 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:41 pm

thanks a lot dear enrico..
yes..i could set the first byte for the control character , with the appropriate hex codes, by setting MCC parameter in SPOOLOPEN statement...before that , i couldn't change the first byte of the spool record, and that was the reason of inappropriate paging...
tina64

Return to IBM Cobol