Call programming execution problem

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

Call programming execution problem

Postby abhishekrawat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 am

I am trying to execute call program in COBOL..............

I am getting MaxCC 0 for the program but data is not passing in the called program.

Plus the program is getting SOC7 error when I am trying to do some computation step (say addition,subtraction,etc.) in same called program.

Both the programs (calling program and called program) are compiling successfully and MaxCC 0 is there in both the programs.
abhishekrawat

Re: Call programming execution problem

Postby NicC » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Have you looked at other posts to see what sort of information might be needed to determine your problem? So far, all we could do is look in the manual for S0C7 but you could do this yourself. We have no access to your code or data so we do not even know if you are coding your program even vaguely correctly e.g. correct LINKAGE SECTION usage etc. You say you are getting a S0C7 but then say you are getting maxcc of 0. It is one or the other.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: Call programming execution problem

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 pm

The compiles getting a return code of zero just means the program and subprogram are syntactically correct. Whether or not they will work together has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a clean compile. The fact that your execution is getting a S0C7 ABEND indicates, in fact, that your program and subprogram have a serious mismatch. However, for us to help you at a minimum we need you to post from the calling program the CALL statement and the WORKING-STORAGE definition of each variable in the CALL statement; from the subprogram we need to see your LINKAGE SECTION and the PROCEDURE DIVISION USING statement.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to IBM Cobol