Regular Expression on z/OS

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

Regular Expression on z/OS

Postby zatlas1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi all
I am porting PCRE - Perl Compatible Regular Expressions [www.pcre.org], an open source library to z/OS with the intention to provide COBOL (and PL/I and Rexx) programmers with this capability. The package will be published as open source (BSD based license) and will be free for all to use. The product itself is written in C, but unless you are a C programmer and really interested, this should not be of any concern.

I need your help to test my installation process on a machine other then mine. If you agree, I will publish to you a file (version 0.0b, not yet ready for prime time or even to interact with COBOL) so you could test my installation process and critique my documentation.

Once this step is done, I will publish to the world version 0.1b for beta tests and soon after verfsion 0.3b that will interact with COBOL via a COBOL API. I will need your help for beta tests on that one as well.

Also, I need people from other countries who use EBCDIC code pages OTHER then IBM1047, to install, test and send me some compile results from those systems.

I hope, with your help, to publish a first limited production grade version soon.

Thank you

ZA
zatlas1

Re: Regular Expression on z/OS

Postby Akatsukami » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 pm

PM me and we'll talk.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Return to IBM Cobol