Sourcecode from tictactoe for acubench

Support for OS/VS COBOL, VS COBOL II, COBOL for OS/390 & VM and Enterprise COBOL for z/OS

Sourcecode from tictactoe for acubench

Postby jamesjr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:38 am

Hey,

I startet learning cobol and get some problems withhin. To get in touch with the new language i wanted to run a sourcecode from the internet just to get a plan how cobol works. Now to the problem i got the code from a simple tictactoe game copied into the acubench but it doesnt work there are so many errors. did anyone of you could send me a working sourcecode from tictactoe for acubench.
jamesjr

Re: tictactoe

Postby BillyBoyo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:04 am

Accubench is a Micro Focus product, presumably something to do with ACUCOBOL, which Micro Focus purchased a while ago. It is not an IBM Mainframe product, and this is an IBM Mainframe forum, so I doubt you'll get much luck here. You'll need to find another forum for your question.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Re: tictactoe

Postby NicC » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm

There are manuals out there which will cover most of what you need syntax-wise but...they will not cover such things as mouse and screen handling. You will have to fins a manual specific to the compiler that you are using.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to IBM Cobol