Downloading Enhanced holddata

Downloading Enhanced holddata

Postby Peter_Mann » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 pm

looks like we've been locked out ftp(ing) from the IBM site to receive enhanced holddata, does anyone know of an alternate to get only the data ? I cannot FTP from my systems or my PC :cry:
Peter
Peter_Mann

Re: Downloading Enhanced holddata

Postby Robert Sample » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:26 pm

IBM has been pushing the conversion to secure FTP for quite some time now.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Peter_Mann » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:50 pm

Robert Sample wrote:IBM has been pushing the conversion to secure FTP for quite some time now.

I see, and at one time, back with I installed 2.1 I had the ability to download from my browser to my PC, now HITRUST Enterprise security deems this unnecessary :(
I've been looking for some samples of downloading using SMP/E using a batch job, I have downloaded a keyring from IBM, I'm having a problem getting the cert in the correct format.
I uploaded the cert from my PC binary, but I'm not sure what LRECL and RECFM it should be in to import into top-secret
Peter
Peter_Mann

Postby Peter_Mann » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:24 am

Peter_Mann wrote:
Robert Sample wrote:IBM has been pushing the conversion to secure FTP for quite some time now.

I see, and at one time, back with I installed 2.1 I had the ability to download from my browser to my PC, now HITRUST Enterprise security deems this unnecessary :(
I've been looking for some samples of downloading using SMP/E using a batch job, I have downloaded a keyring from IBM, I'm having a problem getting the cert in the correct format.
I uploaded the cert from my PC binary, but I'm not sure what LRECL and RECFM it should be in to import into top-secret

IBM Support provided me the correct doc on how to receive holddata via https, I have this setup at my former shop btu didn't have any samples locally
here's a link if someone needs some guidance

SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER has the ability to order HOLDDATA only and RECEIVE it direct to host using HTTPS.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... dsetup.htm

Shopz service orders also deliver holddata with PTFs ordered. You could also save the file on your c: drive and upload the
file to your z/OS host once inside your intranet.
Peter
Peter_Mann

Return to Off-Topics