Dynamically Splitting File.

Support for NetApp SyncSort for z/OS, Visual SyncSort, SYNCINIT, SYNCLIST and SYNCTOOL

Dynamically Splitting File.

Postby Vineet » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi All,

I have a requirement, where I need to split a big file into multiple files. File size is dynamic in nature i.e. Daily file size may vary. For Example On Monday By Running my process I generate a File having size = 5GB, On Tuesday when Running the process generate file having size = 20MB, On Wednesday File size is 8.5 GB. Below is the The only Infoamtion what I am having:

(1) LRECL of the O/P file which is = 100 & RECFM = FB.
(2) 1 GB of Data need to be Copy to each file.

On Monday When I Run Split Process it should create 5 Files, where each file having Data of 1GB. -----> Actual File size is 5GB
On Tuesday when I Run Split Process it should create 1 Files. ----> Actual file Size is 20 MB
On Wednesday When I Run Split Process it should create 9 Files, where 8 files having Data of 1GB * 8 & 1 File having Data of 500 MB. ---> Actual File Size is 8.5 GB.

How I can do this using SORT. If there is a JCL please share.

Thanks
Kind Rgd's
Vineet

Re: Dynamically Splitting File.

Postby NicC » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:08 am

Please do not post the same topic in multiple sections. Either you have DFSort or you have Syncsort. If you are in one of those places that has both then post once and state that a DFSort or Syncsort solution is acceptable because you have both available.

Topic locked.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to Syncsort/Synctool