Syncsort to Unix/Linux

Support for NetApp SyncSort for z/OS, Visual SyncSort, SYNCINIT, SYNCLIST and SYNCTOOL

Syncsort to Unix/Linux

Postby ganesh155 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:30 am

Hello,
We want to remove syncsort from COBOL code and instead want to use syncsort as one of the Linux command. Is that installation available? If so, syncsort command will look like to replace below code.

SORT FIELDS=(1,29,CH,A,32,14,CH,A)
ganesh155

Re: Syncsort to Unix/Linux

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:59 am

don' t ask us, ask syncsort ! :twisted:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: Syncsort to Unix/Linux

Postby Akatsukami » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:35 am

Whilst Syncsort does have a sort product (DMX) for the LUW environment, it is radically different from z/OS Syncsort (MFX), as indeed z/OS is from zLinux, Windows, and other such operating systems.

Every software engineer lusts after an opportunity to write a Tool. This is yours. I suggest using Rexx, as there are interpreters for z/* (except maybe z/TPF) and LUW.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Return to Syncsort/Synctool