Syncsort to retrive the system log

Support for NetApp SyncSort for z/OS, Visual SyncSort, SYNCINIT, SYNCLIST and SYNCTOOL

Syncsort to retrive the system log

Postby senthamizh » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:04 pm

hi i am currently working on a pilot project called automation of daily abend report.i have used syncsort for this to retrive the system log files for current date .but my requirement is i have to retrive the the system logs by giving a particular date as input and i have to get the system logs for that given particular date.can some one help me out in this?
Thanks,
Sen
senthamizh

Re: syncsort

Postby Bill Dennis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Your question is not quite clear.

Given an input date, you want to know which system log files to include in your run?
Regards,

Bill Dennis

Disclaimer: My comments on this forum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
Bill Dennis

Postby Alissa Margulies » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:07 pm

If I understand you correctly, you had previously coded something like this to retrieve records for the current system date:
//SYSIN DD *
  SORT FIELDS=COPY
  INCLUDE COND=(1,8,ZD,EQ,&DATE1)
/*

If this is true, then you can simply change &DATE1 to the character string of the date you want to retreive. If this is not the case, then please provide more details, including what you had coded previously, and sample input records.
Alissa Margulies
Syncsort Mainframe Product Services
201-930-8260
zos_tech@syncsort.com
Alissa Margulies
Global moderator

Postby maandi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Alissa Margulies wrote:If I understand you correctly, you had previously coded something like this to retrieve records for the current system date:
//SYSIN DD *
  SORT FIELDS=COPY
  INCLUDE COND=(1,8,ZD,EQ,&DATE1)
/*

If this is true, then you can simply change &DATE1 to the character string of the date you want to retreive. If this is not the case, then please provide more details, including what you had coded previously, and sample input records.

Hi Alissa,

In the above quoted statement you have mentioned like it is possible to change &DATE1 to the character string of the date we want. Is it possible to enclose that particular character string in a dataset to retrieve the records?.
If so could you please provide some examples for that?

Thanks,
Maandy.
maandi

Postby Alissa Margulies » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:40 am

maandi wrote:Hi Alissa,

In the above quoted statement you have mentioned like it is possible to change &DATE1 to the character string of the date we want. Is it possible to enclose that particular character string in a dataset to retrieve the records?.
If so could you please provide some examples for that?

Thanks,
Maandy.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your question. Are you asking if the current system date can be saved as a record in a file?

Regards,
Alissa Margulies
Syncsort Mainframe Product Services
201-930-8260
zos_tech@syncsort.com
Alissa Margulies
Global moderator

Return to Syncsort/Synctool