How to write a ASM code to read a FILE(PS)

High Level Assembler(HLASM) for MVS & VM & VSE

How to write a ASM code to read a FILE(PS)

Postby ganeshgan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:54 pm

I am new to this ASM programming.
I was succesful in running few sample codes .
But my file i/o code abends always...

Can anybody help me to write a simple I/O code?
ganeshgan

Re: How to write a ASM code to read a FILE(PS)

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello ganeshgan and welcome to the forums,

But my file i/o code abends always...
If you post the abend and the jcl for the step, we should be able to help. When posting jcl and other "screen" info, it is best to use copy/paste and the "Code" tag at the top of the Reply panel. When posting error message text, be sure to include the messid(s) as well as the text.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby kutty » Sun May 31, 2009 12:04 pm

Put all the other files with an .lst extension in your INT List folder too, since they contain valuable information. Make sure to read the file Interrup.pri which is Ralf's Interrupt Primer.

4) Extract the files from rbilv21.zip into your INT List folder and run the Win 32 program RBILVIEW.exe which is a Windows viewer for Ralf's INTERRUP.LST file, Ports.lst and all the other .lst files. Open Ralf's Interrup.lst file with the viewer, it will build an index file to use for searches. Next time you want to write some ASM code, try searching through Ralf's INT List for all the details of what must be included for a particular INT function.

There's one more 'RBIL viewer' (called ILINA) that I think you'll find useful for doing lots of quick look-ups (it's easy on the eyes too). Extract Ilina100.zip from Part E (inter61e.zip), then finally extract all of its files into your INT List folder. Simply run the program (there's one little thing that bugs me about Ilina though: It's difficult to read the last line of any entry that goes beyond the window's bottom border; and there aren't any scroll bars for this either. You must grab the text itself with the mouse and/or use Arrow/PageUP/DN keys to get to the hidden lines.)

=============================================
d-bol
Brustverkleinerung
kutty

Postby dick scherrer » Sun May 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Hello,

Have you replied to the wrong forum?

The reply has nothing to do with the topic. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to Assembler