Clarification - Console commands

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

Clarification - Console commands

Postby Viswanathchandru » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Dear all,

I have a small snipet which issues some console command and traps the output into a dataset. But the rexx fails sometimes due to the fact that the there are one or more EMCS consoles active across my sysplex environment and gets terminated with message :

ISF032I CONSOLE SYSMVS8 ACTIVATE FAILED, RETURN CODE 0004, REASON CODE 0000
, though the messages are captured in the log. So, I would like to know if there are any way to deactivate the EMCS console across the sysplex before getting into the script rather than logging into every lpar and finding which one is active and logging off. Hope I'm clear. Any links/Suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Re: Clarification - Console commands

Postby Pedro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 am

I do not know much about this topic. Reading your post compelled me to search the SDSF manual.

My understanding is that in the SDSF customization, Console.EMCS.CrossShare should be set to TRUE which will allow the sharing of the console.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Re: Clarification - Console commands

Postby Viswanathchandru » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 am

Hi Pedro,

Thanks a lot for your time!!

Yes, I agree what you have mentioned about EMCS is true and its the same how I have my environment built. I mean we share the console. But, I would like to know are there any commands that could close the active Ulog sessions in other LPAR's in the Sysplex. I understand Ulog Close command in the SDSF will close the current Ulog session in that particular active Lpar. But just in case if I have the Ulog active in some other LPAR across the Plex its taking time to see on which system I left the Ulog open through manually logging in to each and everyone. Any thoughts/Comments/Suggestions would be helpful!!

Regards,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Return to CLIST & REXX