Any certification for Mainframe storage administration

Help for IBM's record-oriented filesystem VSAM, ESDS, KSDS, RRDS, LDS and Storage management Subsystems

Re: Any certification for Mainframe storage administration

Postby expat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Why do you need to be certified - well I know a few that should be :mrgreen:

The principal ingredient of storage management is understanding the data life cycles and not on which boxes it is stored. Every site that I have managed the storage for will go through RFP processes every time that the hardware is deemed as getting old. There are no guarantees that the replacment hardware will be the same manufacturer as the current hardware.
expat

Re: Any certification for Mainframe storage administration

Postby Bad Man » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:42 pm

OK I know some online classroom sessions by IBM on basics of Storage and various DSS copy services that I learnt when I worked with them....The problem is one client uses some products and the other guy uses another set of different products and also technology...

If you write to EMC they tell us about any classes but if you have not worked on things like in my case SRDF and tmefinder for split and reestablish...u will not get anything out of it...

I have learnt things only through experience...
Just a suggestion try for SAS certifications if you really want something which is available...
Bad Man

Previous

Return to VSAM/SMS