About HSM backup

Help for IBM's record-oriented filesystem VSAM, ESDS, KSDS, RRDS, LDS and Storage management Subsystems

About HSM backup

Postby ravisankarc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi,

I am new to HSM. I would like to know on the below information :

"Which kind of backup is taken? Incremental (AB) or/and Volume Dump (AD) – and which DUMPCLASS’s are used"

Could somebody help me on how to fetch this information. I have gone through HSM started task but couldn't understand anything.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards
Ravi
ravisankarc

Re: About HSM backup

Postby expat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Everything that you need to know is defined in the ARCCMDxx member used at HSM startup.

The settings and values will be totally site specific so unfortunately without access to your mainframe, that is about all of the help we can give you.
expat

Postby ravisankarc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Expat,

Yes, rightly said. Here I think I have not explained my requirement clearely. We weill define all HSM functions in ARCCMDxx, but I want to know if we monitor HSM started task or any system log on a daily basis, it will give us information about the type of backup the HSM has took. So, daily when I login I want to check this.
ravisankarc

Postby expat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Again that depends on the logging options defined in the ARCCMDxx member.
The type of backup is defined in that member, the dumps and their classes are defined in that member.
Everything is defined in that member.

You should really take the time to find and read the installation guide and all will be revealed.
expat

Return to VSAM/SMS