In my organization, we have to set up a queue that takes input from multiple sources and then from that queue messages are forwarded to multiple destinations.
Input sources such as:
- Mainframe pgm writing to this queue
- A queue writing to this queue
- Java pgm (from web application sitting on a server) writing to this queue
Out destinations such as:
- A java pgm (from web application sitting on a server) reading from this queue
- Another queue taking message from this queue so that it can be forwarded to another queue (in another location)
- A mainframe pgm reading from this queue
I have below two questions:
1. Although in theory, it looks possible to implement such kind of queue but I was just wondering whether it is technical feasible (or technically optimal) when we have different systems (Mainframe & open systems), send/receive channels, remote/transmission queues to deal with?
2. Can the above achieved by cluster queues?
Any advice will be really appreciated. Thanks