REMOVE TRANSACTIONS with conditional CC

Support for MQSeries and Websphere Message Oriented Middleware communication systems for z/OS

REMOVE TRANSACTIONS with conditional CC

Postby daloporhecho » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 am

Hello people, I hope you are all good,

I have a plain "PERFORM REMOVE TRANSACTIONS" (no conditional -WHERE- clauses so to remove them all), it ends with abend code 192 Message: FF0416 Severity: 08 - No Transactions match selection criteria.

According to WDI manual it's not required to include a selection criteria, but I don't need the abend either. So I decided to use IFCC(192) SETCC(0) to override it, this way:
PERFORM REMOVE TRANSACTIONS IFCC(192) SETCC(0)

Now it abends with Message TS0180 Severity: 08 - A mandatory WHERE or SELECTING keyword is missing or invalid in the following: IFCC(192) SETCC(0).

I tried splitting the statement as:

PERFORM REMOVE TRANSACTIONS
IFCC(192) SETCC(0)

same result.

According to the manual (sc23587300), pdf page 116, "REMOVE TRANSACTIONS": "The WHERE clause is optional for this command. If you do not specify a WHERE clause, all elegible transactions are removed from the Document Store".
Fine, but it seems to return a CCODE 192 when no transactions are found. So I tried to override according to the instructions on the same pdf page 49, "Overriding condition codes". But now I get the errors I last stated.

My final guess is, to override I need either a WHERE or SELECTING clause, otherwise IFCC is rejected.

Does anyone know if I'm right and, if I am, what type of WHERE or SELECTING may I use so to trick WDI into believing I want to select something when in fact I just want to select all transactions?

I only want to issue a PERFORM REMOVE TRANSACTIONS to remove them all, and to not get any abend if WDI finds no transactions to remove.

I hope I explained it clearly enough.

Thanks a lot in advance!
daloporhecho

Re: REMOVE TRANSACTIONS with conditional CC

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:23 am

Hello,

If you do not specify a WHERE clause, all elegible transactions are removed from the Document Store".
How many "elegible transactions" exist or are there none . . . ?
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby daloporhecho » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am

I don't know, but my guess is: there are none. I take it if there were transactions to delete, it will do it silently.
daloporhecho

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:05 am

Hello,

If you intend to "delete everything" why not insert a "dummy" transaction immediately before the REMOVE?

It might be worth a simple test. . .
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby daloporhecho » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Good tip and I appreciate your suggestion, Dick, but the mere idea of adding more complexity to something that proved to be quite unpredictable scares the bytes out of me. Saying that, I don't have a clue on how to insert a dummy transaction, neither trust the manuals to learn how to do it.

Not now at least, because let's say it's normal to receive an ERROR as a result of not finding what you are not demanding to find, but not being able to override the abend when the manual clearly states you can...

Are you saying all that is just fine and I have to try alternatives to the documentation because those two documented procedures won't work?
daloporhecho

Postby NicC » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:09 pm

You should raise it with IBM because either the manuals are wrong and need correcting or they are unclear and need revision.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby daloporhecho » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Thank you NicC. I was hoping to find some that have encountered the same problem, still hope. I'll come back with a solution if I find one.
daloporhecho

Postby dick scherrer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 am

Hello,

I don't have a clue on how to insert a dummy transaction
"Something" inserts the "stuff" that you intend to delete wholesale. . . Clone/Add that bit of code immediately before the REMOVE to ensure there is at least one entry to delete.

Adding this should not increase the complexity. . .

Possibly there is something i misunderstand.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to WebSphere MQ