CICS Web Service

Support for MQSeries and Websphere Message Oriented Middleware communication systems for z/OS

CICS Web Service

Postby syamcs » Fri May 27, 2011 2:43 pm

hi all,
I have got a small problem, right now i am working with CICS WebServices. I wrote the business logic which is working fine in the server and using DFHLS2WS i created the wsbind and wsdl file and the pipeline configuration all i have done. And i transferred the WSDL file to my desktop. Now if I want to test my application from my browser what I have to do? using which tool I can publish the webservice? I don't know much about the webservice, your suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
Syam
syamcs

Re: CICS Web Service

Postby Robert Sample » Fri May 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Contact your site support group for assistance. For a CICS region to be accessible from a web browser, certain things have to be done to configure the region, and a TCP/IP port has to be assigned for that CICS region to listen on. Since we do not work at your site, there is no possible way we could tell you which port (of the 65,535 possible ones) your site support group assigned to the particular region you want to connect to.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby syamcs » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

thanks Robert. TCP/IP settings have been done. But how to call the service or how to test the service :D I am confused here and I am don't know that much of webservices

Regards
Syam
syamcs

Postby Robert Sample » Fri May 27, 2011 4:41 pm

In your browser, you would put http://<mainframe name>:<port #> where <mainframe name> is the IP address or DNS name for your mainframe and <port #> is the TCP/IP port number the CICS region listens on. There is typically additional values (one possibility would be /trancode/data) appended after the port number -- but that will entirely depend upon what you're doing and how you're doing it. If you haven't read the Redbook Implementing CICS Web Services SG24-7206 I strongly recommend getting and reading it.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to WebSphere MQ