Xped setup for VTAM

Compuware's QA & Impact Analysis Tools: Xpediter/CICS , Xpediter/TSO, Xpediter/DB2, Xpediter/Xchange, Xpediter/IMS

Xped setup for VTAM

Postby i_irvana » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi

I need to work on a code in assembler which is referrred in a VTAM session. Could any one help me in how to set up the Xped session for VTAM. I am aware of Xped in batch and CICS. But not sure about the process for VTAM.

Thanks in advance...

AM
i_irvana

Re: Xped setup for VTAM

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Doesn't sound like a question from a Beginner or Student.

Anything in the manual? Ie any sections which are not for CICS or Batch or db of some type, which might then give you some clues.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:40 pm

You should be directing this question to your site support group -- they are the ones that installed Xpediter, so they should know how they set up the VTAM interface. Nobody that does not work at your site will be much help, since some of the Xpediter set up is specific to the site (such as VTAM terminal identifiers being used).
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby i_irvana » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Let me give a bit more information on what I am trying to achieve here ...

I have one VTAm session on ( running as a batch job in background). I have an assembler program A which is part of the VTAM online screens which I have modified to change a logic. When i copy the load to the library being referred in the background Online job , it does fetch the new load but I am not getting what I am supposed to. There is some logical problem in my code but its hard to find it manually. Hence i required a Xped to save time and effort. Can anyone provide me a link for Xped setp for VTAM as I am unable to find any relevant information anywhere. Any help is much appreciated.
i_irvana

Postby i_irvana » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks Robert.

I have already posted to them. However it seems people are all enjoying their vacations right now and wont get a response before next year. ( sigh). This is quite urgent on my part and I am kindoff buzzed off working extra time but unable to meet both ends. It would be helpful if any link for this can be provided.
i_irvana

Postby BillyBoyo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Did you try google?
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Your first problem, then, is that this is a forum -- and forums do not respond well to urgent. If the need is so critical, you need to get your manager to call in someone from vacation at your site.

Your second problem is that nobody at this forum can help you, period. You are asking about things that are site-specific and unless someone works for your site, any answers you get will be, at best, misleading, and more typically completely and totally WRONG.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to Xpediter