File Comparision.

IBM's flagship sort product DFSORT for sorting, merging, copying, data manipulation and reporting. Includes ICETOOL and ICEGENER

File Comparision.

Postby Vineet » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:08 am

Hi,
I am having 2 files both have LRECL = 1199 & RECFM = FB. If for both the files, starting from Position (1,803) & (824,375), both the files having same value then No Record should be written to O/P file,
If Value differs then from File A value to be written to O/P file. O/P file having same attribute as Input file. Can this be achievd using SORT.

Thanks
Vineet

Re: File Comparision.

Postby NicC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Can this be achievd using SORT?

To answer your question concisely - yes.

And if you had searched the forum you would find plenty of examples and if you want to use the forum as a useful tool then ?I suggest you read it every day and then you would know what to search fro - JOINKEYS is the magic word. In fact you had a remarkably similar requirement 3 years ago on the forum. Could you not just adjust this to your current requirement with the aid of the manual?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby skolusu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:10 am

Vineet wrote:Hi,
I am having 2 files both have LRECL = 1199 & RECFM = FB. If for both the files, starting from Position (1,803) & (824,375), both the files having same value then No Record should be written to O/P file,
If Value differs then from File A value to be written to O/P file. O/P file having same attribute as Input file. Can this be achievd using SORT.

Thanks

Read upon Joinkeys which is explained in detail here along with example

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... E1CA60/4.0?
Kolusu - DFSORT Development Team (IBM)
DFSORT is on the Web at:
www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort
skolusu

Postby rockstar2020 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:34 am

Thank You.. I will take a look and let you know if i need any more help!!!
rockstar2020

Return to DFSORT/ICETOOL/ICEGENER