Help me for compilation

IBM's cross-platform compiler PL/I for MVS, VM & VSE, OS/390 and Enterprise PL/I for z/OS

Help me for compilation

Postby XY09 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi All,

Could you please provide procedure to compile below modules.

1) Pure PL/I program compilation
2) PLI+DB2 Program compilation
3) PL/I+DB2+CICS program compilation
4) PL/I+CICS program compilation

I googled in many ways i didn't get anything to match my requirment. Please help me in this.
XY09

Re: Help me for compilation

Postby prino » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

And you could not be bothered to look in the manuals? Or in the sample datasets supplied with the compiler? Or had a look at existing JCL on your system?
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 pm

No, because compile procedures are extremely specific to each site and what works for one site will not work at another site. The use of a source code management system, run-time debugger, and actual data set names are all areas which vary from site to site.

Talk to someone at your site -- a coworker, team leader, or site support group -- to get compile procedures.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:19 pm

XY09 wrote:Hi All,

1) Pure PL/I program compilation
2) PLI+DB2 Program compilation
3) PL/I+DB2+CICS program compilation
4) PL/I+CICS program compilation

I googled in many ways i didn't get anything to match my requirment. Please help me in this.

In my shop, we have a tool (primarily, but not exclusively, written in Rexx) that executes TSO commands and/or generates JCL for compiling COBOL, PL/I, HLASM, and C/370 source, link-editing object modules, generating MFS maps, and a few other functions that I've forgotten.

As your shop evidently does not have such a tool, nor anyone able or willing to write one, PM a contract signed by a responsible exective in your organization; I will have my managers vet it and get back to you. Be aware that my billing rate is USD 90/hour, plus actual and reasonable travel expenses.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 am

Hello,

You need to use whatever processes are already in place on your system. Someone supports compiling and linking programs on that system and they should be your point of contact.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:10 am

Once you have discovered the procedures you should read the PL/1 Users Guide as that has chapters on compiling and linking/binding and they explain the JCL required. The DB2/SQL User Guide has the same thing for the preprocessor but I have never read that as I have always used the local procedures and have never had to create my own.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to PL/I