send ezt+ results to dataset

Unicenter CA-Easytrieve Plus Report Generator: CA's information retrieval and data management tool

send ezt+ results to dataset

Postby ststeven » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:52 am

Dick,

I'm banging into a wall. I need data from multiple years so I saved ezt+ members for each year and with lines 7 and 8 created separate datasets for each year. I uncomment line 7 / comment line 8 for the initial run, then comment line 7 / uncomment line 8 on subsequent runs. I copied the same program and saved it for the various years. All year's jobs run successfully but the only year that actually puts the results in the dataset is 1998! Once the results are in the dataset I FTP it to my PC for users in my office. What am i doing wrong? (a Guru in another Acct office said to kill the line 6 //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* but when I did that the job blew up.
Thank you, Steven

File Edit Edit_Settings Menu Utilities Compilers Test Help
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT PRSWL.ROSCOE.ROA(TAK41997) - 01.99 Columns 00001 00072
Command ===> Scroll ===> CSR
****** ***************************** Top of Data ******************************
000001 //PRSWLGAN JOB (MBILL,4572),'MBIL.LAWRENCE',CLASS=V,
000002 // MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=1,TIME=2
000003 //* *******************************************************************
000004 // EXEC USERPLUS
000005 //OUTCD OUTPUT PAGEDEF=137D71,FORMDEF=NS06LD,CHARS=GT15,DEST=R0A
000006 //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
000007 //*SYSPRINT DD DSN=PRSWL.TAK41997,UNIT=DISK,DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE)
000008 //SYSPRINT DD DSN=PRSWL.TAK41997,UNIT=DISK,DISP=(OLD,KEEP)
000009 //FILEA DD DSN=DI.TAK4.XX(-152),DISP=SHR
000010 // DD DSN=DI.TAK4.XX(-153),DISP=SHR
ststeven

Re: send ezt+ results to dataset

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:34 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

This is executing a PROCedure, so the placement of the additional DD statements must be correct (correct depends on which of these DD statements are already in the proc as opposed to "additions".

There are 2 SYSPRINT DD statements. The second will not be used. This is due to the way JCL works - not Easytrieve.
a Guru in another Acct office said to kill the line 6 //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* but when I did that the job blew up.
What was the abend? Posting "it didn't work" only wastes everyone's time. The sysprint with sysout= does need to be removed. When creating the dataset, you may need to specify the correct dcb info.

Instead of OLD for the steps that append data, try MOD. When an OLD dataset is opened as output, writing starts at the beginning of the file (i suspect you want new records written at the end).
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to CA-Easytrieve