Appending the whole input file ?

Unicenter CA-Easytrieve Plus Report Generator: CA's information retrieval and data management tool

Appending the whole input file ?

Postby charlessxavier » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi all,

I m processing a flat file thru easytrieve,
My job is to add a particular field in the input file which has numerous lines and to print it in the first line

I am processing each line and using a counter to store the value and print the same in first line

But i have to reproduce the same input file below the first line.. how can i do it ?

Or in other words is there any way to append the whole file after processing the whole input file ?
charlessxavier

Re: Appending the whole input file ?

Postby BillyBoyo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 pm

charlessxavier wrote:Hi all,

I m processing a flat file thru easytrieve,
My job is to add a particular field in the input file which has numerous lines and to print it in the first line

I am processing each line and using a counter to store the value and print the same in first line

But i have to reproduce the same input file below the first line.. how can i do it ?

Or in other words is there any way to append the whole file after processing the whole input file ?

Charles,

It might be me being dense, but I can't understand what you want.

You have an input file
You add a field
You want to print the field (and something else from the file, maybe)

Then, and this is fourth time through it, I just loose the explanation.

If you can expand on what you are trying to do, maybe even the business explanation, as I think you might be getting "approach" stuck in the way of solution, then I'm sure we can assist. Some sample of input, and required output(s).

Thanks.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Re: Appending the whole input file ?

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:44 am

Hello,

Post some sample input data and what you want as output when this input data is processed.

These do not need to be long records or many of them - just enough to demonstrate your requirement.

Once we understand the requirement, we may be able to make suggestions.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to CA-Easytrieve