Find the library which is connected to the CICS

Support for CICS/ESA, CICS/TS & Transaction Gateway, CICS Configuration Manager and CICS Performance Analyzer

Find the library which is connected to the CICS

Postby bodhi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello All,

I am running the job through CICS online by selecting the particular option but the job submitted and get abended with JCL ERROR message i know the error. The problem is i dont know where this job is stored.Also i dont have the source code of the program.

Is it possible to find out the library which is connected to the CICS online option and has this job as a member.

Kind Regards
Bodhisatwa Wahane
bodhi

Re: Find the library which is connected to the CICS

Postby dick scherrer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:24 am

Hello,

Someone has the code. . . It needs to be found. Then, look at the code for the program for that option to see how the job is submitted. It may be building the jcl within the code. It may not be in some library.

If you talk with CICS support they should be able to explain how this is usually done on your system and they probably know any datasets used for storing jcl to be submitted from online transaceions.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby bodhi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks Dick for reply,

I have already asked my CICS team but they are unable to find out any dataset. Also the source code is with vendor and we dont have access to that source code.

Any other suggestion to find out the linked dataset or to find the dataset where the jcl is stored.

Kind regards
Bodhisatwa Wahane
bodhi

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 am

Hello,

Also the source code is with vendor
If you are licensed to use the product, they owe you a response. They can tell you the file name used in the code and you can then look at that file via CICS.

As i mentioned before, it is possible that the jcl is generated by the program and is not in some file.

You might also "dump" the load module and look for jcl statements or anything else the catches you eye that mioght give a hint.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to CICS