ADF110I SESSION MANAGER NOT ACTIVE - SMCOPY IGNORED

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

ADF110I SESSION MANAGER NOT ACTIVE - SMCOPY IGNORED

Postby tomgu » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:59 am

How to sort it out ? I use zos 1.10 found a few command not being suppored. Like Transmit, Rename, how can I upgrade the current version. So I can them?
tomgu

Re: ADF110I SESSION MANAGER NOT ACTIVE - SMCOPY IGNORED

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:36 am

speak to your support and to your manager
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby willy jensen » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:47 pm

SMCOPY I can understand if your TSO session is not started with Session Manager, but TRANSMIT and RENAME are standard commands and have been around for ages, so how do you determine that those commands are unsupprted?
willy jensen

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:53 pm

Whenever I see z/OS 1.10, I have to wonder if you are using Hercules to run the ADCD version of z/OS that has been circulated on the Internet for some years. If that is not the case, please ignore these comments. If you are using it, please be aware that IBM has NOT licensed z/OS to run on Hercules so you are running an illegal copy of z/OS. Furthermore, that version of z/OS cannot be upgraded as it is missing certain functions.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby prino » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:05 pm

Robert Sample wrote:Whenever I see z/OS 1.10, I have to wonder if you are using Hercules to run the ADCD version of z/OS that has been circulated on the Internet for some years.

If I were an American, I'd consider suing you for causing jaw-dislocation due to excessive laughter.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby Pedro » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:31 am

How to sort it out ?

You can search for "ADF110I site:IBM.COM" and it will display the information about the message. The message explanation echo's Willy's post about needing to be logged on using the TSO Session Manager.

When you specify your logon password, there is typically a field where you specify the name of the logon procedure. I suppose the default logon procedure is non-session manager. You need to find out the name of the proc for session manager at your site and specify it when you logon. It is possible that such a logon proc does not exist. If not, you will need to add it and get authorized to use it.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Postby willy jensen » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:56 pm

As I recall, all you have to do is change your logon proc is to have EXEC PGM=ADFMDF03 instead of EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01 to use Session Manager.
Of course you really should check for an existing proc and use that, or create a new one, otherwise some error might prevent you from logging in.
willy jensen

Return to TSO & ISPF