How to find the user attribute in the ISPF Primary Panel?

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

How to find the user attribute in the ISPF Primary Panel?

Postby whynlt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:05 am

I find a difference in ISPF Primary Option Menu panel between IBMUSER and ADCDA in my demo, could anyone help me to find out the reason? tks!

[img]
IBMUSER.jpg
[/img]
The ADCD's panel:
Menu Utilities Compilers Options Status Help
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ISPF Primary Option Menu
Option ===>

0 Settings Terminal and user parameters
1 View Display source data or listings
2 Edit Create or change source data
3 Utilities Perform utility functions
4 Foreground Interactive language processing
5 Batch Submit job for language processing
6 Command Enter TSO or Workstation commands
7 Dialog Test Perform dialog testing
9 IBM Products IBM program development products

The IBMUSER's panel:
Menu Utilities Compilers Options Status Help
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ISPF Primary Option Menu
Option ===>

0 Settings Terminal and user parameters User ID . : IBMUSER
1 View Display source data or listings Time. . . : 07:24
2 Edit Create or change source data Terminal. : 3278
3 Utilities Perform utility functions Screen. . : 1
4 Foreground Interactive language processing Language. : ENGLISH
5 Batch Submit job for language processing Appl ID . : ISR
6 Command Enter TSO or Workstation commands TSO logon : ISPFPROC
7 Dialog Test Perform dialog testing TSO prefix:
9 IBM Products IBM program development products System ID : ADCD
10 SCLM SW Configuration Library Manager MVS acct. : ACCT#
11 Workplace ISPF Object/Action Workplace Release . : ISPF 6.0
M More Additional IBM Products
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whynlt

Re: How to find the user attribute in the ISPF Primary Panel

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 am

The reason is that they are set up differently.

Most likely, the logon procedures are different, which means the files allocated will be different, which means the menus may be COMPLETELY different. This is normal and expected on mainframe systems, where the menu presented may be radically different depending upon the job functions of the person logging on.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby whynlt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 am

Thank you very much, do you have any idea about how to set ADCDA'S panel to same with IBMUSER's panel, so I will find my User ID in the ISPF Primary panel. Tks.

Robert Sample wrote:The reason is that they are set up differently.

Most likely, the logon procedures are different, which means the files allocated will be different, which means the menus may be COMPLETELY different. This is normal and expected on mainframe systems, where the menu presented may be radically different depending upon the job functions of the person logging on.
whynlt

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 am

Go to the settings (menu item 0). There's a lot you can change there.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby NicC » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Otherwise compare the source code of the two. I sometimes create my own Primary Option Menu panel
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Postby whynlt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm

I change ADCDA's settings(menu item 0) to the same with IBMUSER's, but unfortunately I still can't find any other information in the ISPF Primary panel.
Robert Sample wrote:Go to the settings (menu item 0). There's a lot you can change there.
whynlt

Postby whynlt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 pm

The source cod of the two? I am a rookie, I don't know where I can find the source code for each individual user, So could you help me? Tks.
NicC wrote:Otherwise compare the source code of the two. I sometimes create my own Primary Option Menu panel
whynlt

Postby Robert Sample » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 pm

If you're a rookie, then this is probably NOT the best place to start messing with. You need to spend weeks -- or months -- learning about z/OS, TSO, and 3270 terminals before you go much further since mucking about with the screen defintiions could leave you with an unusable system. To give you a start, here's some data about the TSO/ISPF main menu screen:
   Menu  Utilities  Compilers  Options  Status  Help
 Ä ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
 S ³   Status  Options       ³ F Primary Option Menu
 ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
 ³ SYS1 ISPSAMHP              ISPF Status Tutorial                             ³
 ³                                                                More:     +  ³
 ³ Status Area on the Primary Option Menu                                      ³
 ³                                                                             ³
 ³ The status area on the ISPF Primary Option Menu (the right-most 21          ³
 ³ columns) is now a dynamic area that you can manipulate from two places:     ³
 ³ o   The Status pull-down on the ISPF Primary Option Menu action bar. Use    ³
 ³     this pull-down to specify what you want to display in the status area.  ³
 ³     See "Status Pull-Down" for additional information and examples.         ³
 ³ o   The "Status Area..." choice from the Menu pull-down that is available   ³
 ³     on most action bars throughout ISPF. Use this facility to define the    ³
 ³     contents of the status area. See "Status Area Choice" for additional    ³
 ³     information and examples.                                               ³
 ³ Each logical screen and the Status pop-up window remembers its own status   ³
 ³ area view.                                                                  ³
 ³  F1=Help        F2=Split       F3=Exit        F4=Resize      F5=Exhelp      ³
 ³  F6=Keyshelp    F7=PrvPage     F8=NxtPage     F9=Swap       F10=PrvPage     ³
Hint: learn to hit the F1 (PF1 to the mainframe) key often -- this usually has help information in TSO/ISPF and may save you a lot of questions.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby Pedro » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 pm

so I will find my User ID in the ISPF Primary panel.

Use the 'Status' action from the action bar. It is probably 'none' now and should be 'session' to get it to look like IBMUSER's panel.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Postby prino » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

whynlt wrote:The source cod of the two? I am a rookie, I don't know where I can find the source code for each individual user, So could you help me? Tks

A rookie playing on an ADCD system, worried about not seeing his userid? Sheesh, somehow me thinks you've got your priorities mixed up ever so slightly...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Next

Return to TSO & ISPF