Does ISPF can simulate execute operation?

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Does ISPF can simulate execute operation?

Postby marshall25 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:38 am

hi all,

every time, we get the ISPF primary screen after login the tso screen, and if we want to 3.4, then type 3.4 in command line and enter, i wander if it is possible goto 3.4 directly after login ISPF enviroment?
that is when i login ISPF, it will go to 3.4 by auto.
marshall25

Re: Does ISPF can simulate execute operation?

Postby Akatsukami » Fri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Invoke ISPF with a parameter of 3.4.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby steve-myers » Fri May 03, 2013 4:07 pm

To expand Akatsukami's reply; specify 3.4 in the command line when you start ISPF:

ISPF 3.4

or

PDF 3.4

While it would be possible to direct ISPF to always start with the equivalent of the 3.4 panel, this would be foolish thing to do; the 3.4 panel would become the equivalent of the ISPF Primary Option Menu, and it would not be possible to get to the ISPF Primary Option Menu.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby Pedro » Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 pm

we get the ISPF primary screen after login the tso screen,

You did not state it, but I think you are starting ISPF automatically. The question is: how is the command to start ISPF issued. You need to customize it so that it goes to option 3.4. You will still be able to go the primary option menu.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Postby steve-myers » Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 pm

I agree with Pedro. I thought about this after I sent my previous post, but then it occurred to me you may not be able to alter the start for one reason or another. This is certainly true in the system I usually use. Still, it's an option worth exploring.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Pedro wrote:You did not state it, but I think you are starting ISPF automatically. The question is: how is the command to start ISPF issued. You need to customize it so that it goes to option 3.4. You will still be able to go the primary option menu.

steve-myers wrote:I agree with Pedro. I thought about this after I sent my previous post, but then it occurred to me you may not be able to alter the start for one reason or another. This is certainly true in the system I usually use. Still, it's an option worth exploring.

These things are certainly true. To the left, it is also true that the way for the TS to achieve heesh goal is to start ISPF with a parameter of 3.4. Net-net, if he can't, won't, or doesn't know how to do this, heesh is simply out of luck.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Return to TSO & ISPF