How to locate changed line in JCL

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

How to locate changed line in JCL

Postby Chits » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi,

I have changed some parameters in JCL using 'C ALL <<string>>'. This command changed some lines in JCL.
Now I have to directly go to that line, don't want to do multiple times F8/page down. Also I don't know the line number. How would I proceed?

Thanks,
Chits
Chits

Re: How to locate changed line in JCL

Postby prino » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 pm

And what does executing an ISPF editor command on a member have to do with JCL?
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Postby Stefan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm

As executing a CHANGE command flags the affected lines with ==CHG> you can use the LOCATE primary command to position to these special lines. Simply type "l chg".
If it is important to check the changes immediately and the number of changes is not so high I would do it in a slightly different way: First issue a "FIND ALL" command. Then enter a simple CHANGE command without using the ALL option. This causes the editor to change the first occurrence of the string and to scroll down the view so that the affected line is the second line on the screen. Now you might inspect the effect of the data change before continuously pressing the F6 key which usually is assigned to the RCHANGE editor command.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stefan

Postby Pedro » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:05 am

An alternate approach:

then
C 'a'  'b' ALL

The result is that only your changed lines are shown. You can issue L5 or F5 line commands to see adjacent lines.

Stefan, "FIND ALL" does not do what you imply it does. I think the user should issue RESET in your scenario.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Return to TSO & ISPF