Request Clarification on Connectivity with DB2

IBM's flagship relational database management system

Request Clarification on Connectivity with DB2

Postby csakil » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Hello,

One of my Application team(Based on Unix Server) sends the request to Mainframe DB2. Also that request got processed in mainframe DB2 and Application team got the response with some delayed. I wanted to check in Mainframe DB2 that at what time the request came in for processing? and at what time the request processing gets completed?.
I have checked in DSNMSTR and also in SYSLOG, I couldnt see anything related to their Application IP address or Host name in the log.

Where else i can find these information in Mainframe DB2. (Or) Is any other tool where I can find these informations? Kindly help me on it.

Best Regards,
SK
csakil

Re: Request Clarification on Connectivity with DB2

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:19 pm

if you want good help you need ask good questions an be able to explain clearly your problem

when You speak of Application team people listening/reading think about interactions between human beings ..

so You better reread what you posted and think about rewriting the question
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: Request Clarification on Connectivity with DB2

Postby csakil » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:39 pm

Hello Enrico,
Thanks for your advice..,
Iam working as a DB2 System Programmer and analysing the connectivity issues between one of our Application and Mainframe DB2. I know the IP address of both Application and Mainframe System. I wanted to check,

1.At what time db2 receives the request from Application?
2.How much time Db2 processed that request and at what time responded back to Application?

I already checked in Syslog, DSNMSTR logs And I couldn't trace any details.
Request help on where else I can check to find the answer to above question.
I hope the question is clear now.,

Br,
SK
csakil

Return to DB2