Cobol pgm to load DB2 tables

IBM's flagship relational database management system

Cobol pgm to load DB2 tables

Postby sathyashreev » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi friends,

I am new to coding & i want to write a Cobol pgm to load DB2 tables.so pls some of u can help me :( ...
sathyashreev

Re: Cobol pgm to load DB2 tables

Postby dick scherrer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

First, you need to think thru how your code will process. Then you need to build the code.

If you work on a system that has db2 running, it would be a good idea to obtain a sample program that already works on that system to use as a model.

Once you have some model code, you need to mpdify this to do what your code should do.

People here at the forum will help you with your project. People here will not write the project for you.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby sathyashreev » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Dick,

Thanks for replying :) ..... I can understand that no one is going to code for other's ;Wat i want is like how to start code the cobol program to load db2 tables....i know SQL & the problem is i don't have any idea to work Cobol with Db2.so i want some site or some materials or some sample program,so that i'll be able to understand the things & start coding...
sathyashreev

Postby dick scherrer » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:03 am

Hello,

This link is in the IBM COBOL programming Guide - this direct link is for db2 considerations:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ ... y3pg20/3.2?

Suggest you look around in this manual.

If db2 is installed on your system, there will already be standard compile/link jcl. You will use this to compile your code. There are probably other probrams already running on the system, so i would suggest getting a copy of a program that already uses db2 on that system.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Return to DB2