GETTING DATA FROM DB2 FOR VSE THROUGH DB2 CONNECT

IBM's flagship relational database management system

GETTING DATA FROM DB2 FOR VSE THROUGH DB2 CONNECT

Postby princehaasil » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:37 pm

hello all,
i need some help from you guys. actually i m trying to connect DB2 server for VSE from my .net application. but whenever i tried to make connection my TCPIP Manager for DB2 server disabled without any prompt and database server get stuck. i need to shut it by force.

This problem only occurs when i m trying to connect directly to my DB2 server for VSE. Means when m giving ip address of my Host machine in my connection string instead of my DB2 Conect gateway.

i think there is some DB2 connect configuration issue, there is some parameters we need to set for successful connection.

any suggestion or guidance wud b appreciable. thanks

my environment is :

DB2 SERVER FOR VSE 7.5
DB2 CONNECT FOR WINDOWS 9.5
HOST OS : Z/VSE 4.2
princehaasil

Re: GETTING DATA FROM DB2 FOR VSE THROUGH DB2 CONNECT

Postby NicC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 pm

1st things first - double check with the manual that what you are doing seems to be correct. if it still seems to be ok ask a colleague to double check. If things still do not work out then either speak to your DB2 support or your network support or both. We do not know how things are set up in your place and you haven't given us any real info about any settings - probably because you do not know in which case how do you expect anyone not in your organisation to suggest anything except go and see the people who DO know?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Return to DB2