TS conversion

IBM's flagship relational database management system

TS conversion

Postby vikky » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 am

Hi mates,
In my shop we had a deal to convert Index based partitioning table spaces(112) to
table based partitioning table spaces.. So, will you please help me out ,
what are the prerequisites i need to take and what are critical areas to be in mind in-order to complete my task..
thanks in advance ..
vikky

Re: TS conversion

Postby dick scherrer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Possibly you could provide some detail about what you have and what you want to have after "converting". Just a few, not the whole 112, please ;)
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby vikky » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello,
here the assignment is conversion of TS from table controlled to index controlled .. we have tss having 2-8 millions of records each and having dependent tables,views .... and hit ratio is also high for some tables . so, here my question is how can i do without effecting all these dependent objects ? whether i have to drop everything and recreate or any strategic path to do this ??
vikky

Postby alexm » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello,
you probably won't get a step-by-step script. However, have a look at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2z10.doc.admin/src/tpc/db2z_creatingtablecontrolledpartitioning.htm, and see the discussion regarding Automatic conversion to table-controlled partitioning. This gives you an idea, and lists some of the side effects you have to count with.

Btw, in the first post, you mentioned index-to-table, in the second post table-to-index controlled partitioning. Hope you don't mix it up ;)
alexm

Return to DB2