IMS database files to migrate to DB2

IBM's hierarchical database management system with a Database Manager (IMS DB) and a Transaction Manager(IMS DC)

IMS database files to migrate to DB2

Postby Kazuna » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I am supposed to train myself by migrating a simple IMS database to DB2 but I only heard about IMS today. I've been training with a tool helping in the migration of data, and in my case, was trained to migrate copybooks with EBCDIC files into relationnal databases. I have been trying to learn about IMS but unfortunately, I don't think I have enough time to learn about it, create a few IMS segments as examples and train myself in migrating them to DB2.

Would someone be as kind as to provide me a simple explanation on how I could manage to create an IMS database with a few IMS segments ? I know it's not good to ask for things without working it out alone, but since I'm lacking time, if anyone is willing to provide me with very simple IMS database files, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
Kazuna

Re: IMS database files to migrate to DB2

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 pm

look at the samples in the IMS distribution libraries
( ask Your support about them )
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Re: IMS database files to migrate to DB2

Postby Kazuna » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:08 pm

I will check that, thanks a lot for your answer !
Kazuna

Return to IMS DB/DC