IMS 0456 abend

IBM's hierarchical database management system with a Database Manager (IMS DB) and a Transaction Manager(IMS DC)

IMS 0456 abend

Postby seshu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 am

Hi,

Purpose:
I want to take unload of a IMS DB and then load it back
Problem:
I am able to take the unload and delete defining the VSAM associated with th DB, but while loading the data with the unload taken its throwing ABENDU0456.
Observations:
When i try to open the IMS DB, its giving me open error.
The job has returned Maxcc=0 in the first run but dint update the DB, VSAM is still empty.
From the secound run it is showing ABENDU0456.

Details:
*****************PCB**************************************************************
C5GTN100 PCB TYPE=DB,DBDNAME=B5GYN100,PROCOPT=L,KEYLEN=11
SENSEG NAME=S5GNMNUM,PARENT=0
***********************************************************************************
Please tell if any details are still required.

Could any one please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Seshu

Coul
seshu

Re: IMS 0456 abend

Postby NicC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

I can tell you that the load did NOT THROW anything - it failed with or abended with a U0456. And when you looked up the message in the manual, what did you fins? Have you taken the corrective action? Have you spoken to other people in your team? Have you contacted your IMS DBA? Have you used your company's preferred procedure?
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: IMS 0456 abend

Postby pmartyn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 am

Seshu;
You cannot load a database that way. With VSAM you are supposed to access the data structure first, close it , then load using the ISRT. With OSAM(Flat Files) you are supposed to use a dlt0 (or somthing like that) insert 1 record with 'high 9's 'then delete the record,then load with the ISRT. Additionally The only time you use the ā€œLā€ option is when you initially load a database. This option is valid only for batch programs.
Additionally, A PSB that includes a PCB statement that specifies PROCOPT=L cannot contain other PCB statements that specify PROCOPT values of A, D, G, I,or R.
Violation of any of those rules can cause the 0456
pmartyn

Return to IMS DB/DC