MPP compiler

IBM's hierarchical database management system with a Database Manager (IMS DB) and a Transaction Manager(IMS DC)

MPP compiler

Postby humble » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi, In my shop we do not have IMS admin or IMS DC experienced people.
I need a IMS MPP compiler job. Can some one please provide a sample?

If not can someone please advice how does a MPP compiler differ from a standard BMP compiler.
Thanks in advance.
humble

Re: MPP compiler

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Hello,

I don't "do" IMS, but i suspect there are others in the organization that have compiled MPPs on the system. Suggest you talk with one of them. . .

You do not want to download something from "somewhere" and just toss it onto the system. People have been terminated for doing this . . .

There should be standard compile JCL for anything that is acceptable on your syste. The standard compile JCL should always be used, not something some developer put together.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 pm

if I remember correctly the compile process is exactly the same !
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby humble » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 am

Hello dick scherrer,
I am looking for a MPP compiler for reference only. I don't intend to run it in my org. Mainframe installation in the org where I work currently is in the process of being sunset(migrated to SAS). Version controller and other development tools are not available anymore. No documentation is available on the jobs that were used earlier. I am simply trying to learn IMS DC using what ever we have now.
humble

Postby humble » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 am

Hello Enrico, Ok. Thanks for your reply.
humble

Return to IMS DB/DC