Micro mainframe transmission stopped working

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

Micro mainframe transmission stopped working

Postby nightrider43 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:25 pm

Hey guys!

I work at an institution that uses Attachmate's 3270 terminal emulator called myExtra! Due to the fact that I can see around 40 lines on the notepad++ text editor screen, I usually bring the cobol fonts to the low platform. I even wrote a visual application that generates the IND$FILE command strings needed for transmission.

It turns out that, suddenly, the transmissions stopped working. Special characters only arrive on the low platform. In addition to using my application, I programmed a transmission directly using the myExtra interface. It didn't work either. I am not aware of any event that corrupted any of the myExtra files involved in transmissions.

Before sending this message I tried to transmit from the low platform to the mainframe and I verified that only invalid characters arrive in the mainframe file.

So I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to why the transmission stops working or if anyone can suggest any third-party tools that can handle these transmissions in place of myExtra tools.

Cheers

Arí Ricardo
São Paulo Brasil
nightrider43

Return to All Other Tools