INTERTEST debuggin

All other tools like QACenter, Strobe, Endevor, Telon, APAS, Scheduler, Auditor, DATA-XPERT, CoolGen, Intertest, AdvantageGen, COBTEST etc.

INTERTEST debuggin

Postby ksrddy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi,

I am new to debugging in Intertest and facing difficulty in debugging a program.

I have prepared the Cobol program with Debuggin mode ON and placing 'D' for some statement in column '7'.

Then I compiled the program and have the load module. Now I choose option 5 (Batch) in CA-Intertest primary option menu. Then I prepared the JCL by specifying the run jcl member and submitted the converted JCL. After submitting, I can see the Job and Run step using option '2' (Batch Link). When I select (option 'S') the job to debug and return key, I am getting the message 'The application has ended before any monitored programs were entered. Press ENTER to terminate the debug session.'

Could someone help what could be the problem, am I missing something ?

Thanks,
K.S.
ksrddy

Re: INTERTEST debuggin

Postby Robert Sample » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:23 pm

I do not use Intertest so I cannot help you with it, but for COBOL placing a D in column 7 means that line is treated as a comment unless you use WITH DEBUGGING MODE in the SOURCE-COMPUTER paragraph.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Return to All Other Tools