Searching for SSH details on our system

IBM OS/370, MVS, OS/390, Linux, TPF, VM/CMS, VM/ESA, VSE/ESA, z/VM, z/VSE, z/OS, z/OS.e etc...

Searching for SSH details on our system

Postby bit3010 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello. This looked like the right forum to post my question so please don't shoot me down if it's not. ha ha ha.

We have a z/OS 1.13 mainframe running IMS, DB2, etc as well as SSHD and its daemons for the Unix accessed on the mainframe. I am in the Automation group using IBM's Netview and System Automation products. Our z/OS support person who installed and dealt with SSHD has retired and no information was passed on to our current z/OS support people. Since I've been helping with their investigation into our recent problem, I suggested I find a user group to help with their questions. So, here it goes....

We recently had an issue where a daemon was down, causing production access problems. During our investigation, we finally determined that it was down and why. However, moving forward, we'd like to determine where the daemons are defined and set-up. They know that SSHD is setup under the Unix directory /etc/SSH but there is no specific set-up for the daemons and don't know where that would be. We would also like to know the detailed connection between each daemon to each of the ICD tasks, if this is possible.

If this isn't the correct forum, please direct me to the proper one.

Thanks much in advance...
Marsha
bit3010

Return to Operating Systems