z/OS Management Facility 2019 Survey

IBM OS/370, MVS, OS/390, Linux, TPF, VM/CMS, VM/ESA, VSE/ESA, z/VM, z/VSE, z/OS, z/OS.e etc...

z/OS Management Facility 2019 Survey

Postby gqdeng » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:45 pm

Dear all

This is a z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF) survey. Could you please just take 3 minutes to share your thoughts? Just click the url https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5044915/z-OS-Management-Facility-2019-Survey to start the survey. Your input is very important and valuable. Thank you for providing your feedback.
gqdeng

Re: z/OS Management Facility 2019 Survey

Postby tchen40 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:05 pm

I understand the need for it. It's much more difficult to install than it needs to be. There are way too many components required. Between extra STCs, changes to the SE, and a tremendous amount of security definitions, it's very intimidating. The GUI is very clunky and if the intent is for it to look like an install wizard in Windows, it is not. It was too confusing to me. Broadcom's Chorus is a better look and feel for such a tool. Having said that it's much more powerful. I accidentally set the WLM policy and I still don't understand what I did to activate it. I had to activate the current policy through the system console.
tchen40

Return to Operating Systems